-
May 7th, 2001, 10:11 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have a 89 b16a head and wanted to get a type R jrsc manifold. slap the the head on a b18c bottom block That will lower the compression of the b18c to about a 10-9.9. take my gsr Jrsc and throw that on the type R manifold and go 12psi with 290 prelude injectors, cartech, aem fpr, 62mm throtle body with match port? I still will be using the gsr ecu. I will dyno test the car with the cam gears and the head will still got the 89 b16 cams in them and I hope they will give the car a little more hp due to the lift of the cams less overlap than the gsr cams.
-
May 7th, 2001, 11:17 PM
#2
Inactive Member
From living on this board and the ENDYN board your setup sounds good but I would suggest using larger injectors like 310-370cc and I would swap the intake cam from your GSR head to the B16 and sell your Gsr head with the B16A intake cam in it. I thought that the factory compression of the B18c1 was 10:1 and using the B16A head would lower it to ~9.5-9.7:1? You know that by lowering the compression by reducing the quench is backwards and you will need more boost to make the same amount of power? It will reduce the cyl pressure but your loosing free octane and any off boost torque. If you can't find a JR type-R manifold for a good price I would keep the setup you have and just up the boost with a better fuel/ignition timming setup. For example if it costs you $600 plus labor to swap heads and buy a new/used manifold you could almost get the Hondata stage 3/4 or a V-afc and have the ability to tune your setup more precisely. They #1 key to more power without blown motor is tunning. Good luck and keep us posted on your new project.
-
May 7th, 2001, 11:28 PM
#3
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I have a 89 b16a head and wanted to get a type R jrsc manifold. slap the the head on a b18c bottom block <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
so you have a 89 b16a head and a typeR JRSC.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>take my gsr Jrsc and throw that on the type R manifold <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Im a little confused. and your going to put a GSR JRSC on the ITR manifold ? Thats impossible to do.
I guess im not reading something right. unless you have a type R motor with JRSC
and a GSR with JRSC and you are going to swap some stuff around ? but I think something got typed wrong on your post...
------------------
96 civic.
<> In the Workz <>
-B18a1,Endyn rods,Endyn pistons (9.3:1)bored 20 over,Federal Mougal Rod Bearings,Honda Main Bearings,Arp rod bolts, Arp head studs,Clutch Specialties Stage 3 Unsprung,Ported Polished Head,Vortech Fuel Rail/Regulator,ES Motor Mounts,Custom Front Lower Motor Mounts. Federal Mougal Windshield Wiper Blades(seriously),soon to boost...
[This message has been edited by WickedPerform (edited May 07, 2001).]
-
May 8th, 2001, 12:02 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I don't think those 290cc injectors will be enough for 12 psi. I'd say get some 440s, a Hondata(or other such system) and go from there. I don't think it would realy be worth the money or the effort to do all that to lower the compression such a slight amount. But if you really wanted to lower the compression I'd suggest gettting some Endyn RWs and specifying the exact comp you want.
------------------
SC'd GSR
Home Depot: My Performance Store
www.Strng1dah.Homestead.com
-
May 8th, 2001, 12:59 PM
#5
Inactive Member
what I wanted to say is that the gsr Jrsc is the same as the type R supercharger but different manifold. All I need is the Jrsc manifold from a type R blower. put that on a b16a head. Use a b18c bottom block and 12psi of boost.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks